Monday, February 21, 2011

4 months, already?!?!

I can't believe it but since yesterday I've been out for 4 months on my mission!!! Time is flyin' by oh so fast, it's ridiculous!


So this morning we went and worked out at Bro H's home! Got our swole on for sure! ;) He gave us the challenge to do 150 push-ups straight. I'm going to get it like a piece of cake soon! What i've been doing is starting at like 10 push-ups then 10 sit-ups or an ab exercise and go all the way down to 1 then back up to 10. This morning I did 16 down and up! That's like 272 push-ups total!! Then I did 10 clap push-ups for kicks! ;) I think this is the best shape my chest has been in since...EVER! Haha I've gained some weight but majority is muscle!


Also, I learned how to use a snow blower! Those things are pretty legit! I blew off the whole driveway to the L's driveway and a bunch of other stuff! I loved it! Then went and got a fresh cut from Bro T :) I love a fresh cut!


So Bro L took us out to Lake Como on Saturday and we got on the lake again! We were running Kiara (his dog) around and getting her some exercise! She wiped me out once on the ice and it was freezing but it was so awesome!!


Today all the kids have school off so I talked to all the young men about playing ultimate frisbee on Lake Como today but they all were too chicken! :/ bummer!


I'm teaching a guy, T! He is 18 and he actually just got engaged to one of the young women from here. He is still a senior here in high school and she is currently going to Utah State as a freshman but she was in town and we taught them last night! Her family is AWESOME!


When members become involved in missionary work good things happen! We, as missionaries, can't do it by ourselves that's for sure! When a member introduces an investigator to missionaries is where REAL missionary work happens as we teach and the members support and bear testimony of what we are teaching and help them throughout the week when we are away and answer questions.


The work here is AWESOME and i'm loving EVERY second of it!

I guess I can tell you a little about Elder Willey. He is actually 23 so i'm like truly the kid in the companionship! He is from Suwanny, Georgia and is a huge Braves fan so I always talk smack about how the rangers are better ;) haha He is the youngest of 2 kids. He LOVES his sleep and sleeps all the time! I still make him get up on time especially when we go work out and sometimes he will sleep on the couch while I work out with Bro H but he is getting better! We get along great and we try to keep busy. haha I love Elder Willey and we lift each other up! He is an awesome teacher and knows how to do things right.


It sounds like things are going great at home!!


I would LOVE to hear from all of y'all! When I get a letter it's awesome! I miss you and my family :D


I pray for y'all EVERYDAY and hope all is going well! Sounds like things are going great for everyone! Let me know if there is anything I can do for any of y'all!!!


I LOVE Y'ALL!!!
-Elder Parr


SMILE! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment