Monday, October 15, 2012

Seeeee you soon!

I'm pretty much speechless. I don't know what to say. Everything is beginning to become surreal and I'm not sure I like that too much. haha

Something that struck me from conference was Elder Uchtdorf's talk (http://www.lds.org/general-conference/2012/10/of-regrets-and-resolutions?lang=eng). Something he said went along the lines of, "Do we say our prayers just for the 'amen' or end in mind?" he also talked about how we can be so focused on the finish line that we don't find joy in the journey. These thoughts have stayed with me this past week and will for the rest of my life. This week I thought about how I wanted to spend my last few days as a full-time missionary. Lots of thoughts and ideas filled my mind but one was only confirmed by the spirit. That was to lose myself in the work of the Father. To reach out to every person in need. To lift the burdens of others. To share the light and joy of the gospel. To express love and gratitude for others around me. I want to be one the Lord can count on until the very end and then maybe a little bit more ;) I believe the Lord needs disciples who will stay devoted regardless of time, circumstance or position. That is what I will be doing this week :)

I won't lie, this week has been a tender one :/ It's a special thing to serve and be amongst such a great group of people you never want to leave behind. I love the people here so much I can't even describe it. It's like I'm preparing to leave home again ;) I will NEVER forget the smiles and wonderful spirits that are here in the great state of Montana. They have changed my life forever :) I was asked to bear my testimony in one of the wards, unexpectedly, for the last time and boy was that tough! Words can't explain the lessons I've learned and the person I have come to become. I'm just so happy!! :)

Enough of a sob story though. This week has so much planned along with, literally my last week on the mission that I'm going to be living on top of the world! I'm so excited to finish strong and to DO WORK this week :) Sure love y'all!!!

-Elder Parr

No comments:

Post a Comment