Monday, December 17, 2012

Last Email

Mama's Last Email

A two year mission, something I had prepared and dreamed about my entire life. It's now over and I often question if it was even real. It feels as if I awoke from a very vivid and detailed dream. Yet this dream changed my life. Four weeks later, I still remember clearly the morning I knew I would be flying home and seeing my family for the first time in 2 years! Let's just say I couldn't sit still and neither could the other 13 missionaries I was with. We had many delayed and cancelled flights due to winter weather that didn't help much.

Finally I arrived in the Dallas, Texas airport! I wanted to surprise my family by sneaking up on them but that plan immediately fell through the cracks when I walked out of the terminal and there they were, standing on the other side of the glass by the baggage claim. There went my plan :/ Haha I was so excited though and went through the revolving door, practically pushing it so it would go faster! I threw my bags down, did a cart wheel and gave my mama the biggest hug ever :) She was my rock as I was away and it was the greatest reunion! Tears continued to fill my eyes as I embraced the rest of my huge family and other friends who came. Talk about joy! :) I feel that is what it will be like when we meet our loved ones on the other side!

Driving home in the same vehicle with my family was hilarious! They thought I was so weird with how much I didn't know and how impressed I was with just about everything I saw being back in the "big city". I was quickly told what I needed to do right away! That I needed to listen to "RED", Taylor Swift's new album, get an iPhone, and this and that. haha We drove to the church before going home, where I was going to be officially released. With all the excitement, everything came into perspective really fast as the stake president had me take off my name tag that read, "Elder Parr". He informed me that I was not to put them back on and that I was released as a full-time missionary. Never thought that moment would be so tough. Tears filled my eyes as I realized that my mission was really all over. WOW!

Walking into my house was priceless. For the past two years, Montana had been my home and the people there were my family, but I was now HOME. With that, I will NEVER EVER forget those I met throughout my mission and they will always have a special place in my heart :)

So it's been four weeks now, what do I do now? I have decided what it is I must do. I must continue to serve God, His children and build up His kingdom here upon the earth. To apply the lessons I've learned on my mission into my everyday life and most importantly to thank God everyday for the many mercies that He bestows upon me in my life.

We are and forever will be, instruments in the Lord's hands to bless, lift, inspire, encourage and serve our fellow brothers and sisters. Whether a full-time missionary or not. I will strive to be one the Lord can count on when He needs something done and I pray you will too!

My mission has become the hinge to which the rest of my life will hang and swing on. Good thing it was in the "treasure state", cause It's mighty precious to me! ;)

Justin Parr






No comments:

Post a Comment