Monday, February 20, 2012

YOU have control of your attitude!

So this week has been wonderful! So much has been going on and I feel the Lord has been watching over me and everyone here in Billings! 

The beginning of the week has been wild as we had TONS of missionaries here and trying to find places for them to stay, places for them to eat and work for them to do! haha Many elders get pretty stressed out about it but it just PUMPED me up! It was so much fun and we got SOO much done it was amazing! It was bitter sweet because we welcomed in about 8 new elders into our mission, but also lost about 8 who finished their mission and were headed home! Many of which I had served around and had come to love. Them leaving is like watchin' my "older brotha's" I never had leave :/ haha There are plenty of wonderful elders and sisters here to work with and make memories with though :) Except I don't think anyone can replace Elder Buckman. He was the ONLY one who would dance while I would sing ha!

I have some WILD news! We're teaching this family and the husband is wanting to get baptized. They moved here from Phoenix a few years ago and we were talking about it and they think "Elder Tyler Perkins" was one of their first elders to start teaching him in Phoenix! I'm trying to find out if it was really him!!!!! How crazy would that be?! 

A valuable lesson I learned this week is that regardless of your circumstance or situation, YOU have control of your attitude! Attitude is truly everything and can make a HUGE difference in your own life and others around you! Be sure to ALWAYS put on a smile and do everything with a cheerful heart :) 

Don't have much time, but I sure do love y'all! :)

-Elder Parr

No comments:

Post a Comment