Monday, February 13, 2012

I'M STAYIN' IN BILLINGS!!

MI FAMILA!!

I never can figure out why I always address people in spanish? Beats me! Haha! I just want to start out by saying that this week has been AMAZING!!! I can say this week has been a week that I will NEVER forget! For more than just one reason that's for sure! This first reason is because I've made some changes in my everyday routine and life that have affected me greatly. I can truly say at this time in my life I am a new man. I don't feel the same as when I came out on my mission, for sure, and it kind of amazes me that it took just about a year and a half to be able to truly say, "I've changed." I feel the Savior's love more than ever, I understand and fulfill my purpose each and every day without delay and I have no greater desire than to DO WORK! Let's just say I'm feelin' pretty good right now :) Doesn't mean I can become complacent at all though! Got to DO WORK!

I was finally able to make it to the Billings Temple! Soooo exciting!
Elder Miner and Elder Parr
Following the morning in the temple, we were able to have a baptism for one of our investigators!! He is such a testimony of what the gospel can do for an individual! We have been teaching him for a total of 3 weeks and his life has completely changed! He went from blaming God each and EVERYDAY and just going through the motion of life, to one of the most spiritual and devoted followers of Christ! He is the perfect example that God is loving and loves us unconditionally :) It's been such a pleasure and joy to watch him apply the principles of Christ's teachings in his life and to see the miracles that have come into his life :)

Another highlight of the week is when we met with this woman and her boyfriend who we've met with a few times. She really has no religious background at all and really hasn't opened up to us much. We began talking about places and events in our lives that have impacted us in a way that we cherish them. I shared an experience of mine and the creek down by the house. Boy, will I ALWAYS love that place! After I shared mine she opened up and expressed that many of her memories came with her father. We listened to the spirit and shared the wonderful event of Joseph Smith in the sacred grove. We talked about how it was a sacred place for him as well as many members of the church, but more importantly a place where God shared His love with one of His sons and answered his prayer! We asked her how she felt and she said, "I don't know. I feel weird. Like there is a lot of pressure on my heart right now, but it doesn't hurt?" I asked her what it made her want to do and she replied, "It makes me want to cry." She then began to ball and we just allowed the spirit to testify of the truthfulness of what we shared with her. With tears in my own eyes, I expressed to her the love that God has for her and the impact the gospel can have in her life. It was a sweet moment filled with the spirit and a moment I will NEVER forget :) It's amazing when someone, for the first time, feels and understands what the spirit is like!


We met an amazing family who are foster parents! They have 4 kids of their own who have grown up and moved out and have 10 foster children. As they allowed us in their home I admired their family and the standards that they live by! It was amazing to enter their home and to see the love of the Savior just shine in their faces. We taught about the importance of families and how they are so important to God! They are truly some of the best people I've met and so sincere about their relationships with each other as well as with our Savior :) They invited us back over and I can't wait to continue to teach them!

I could go on and on about stories I've had this week but what I want to leave you with is the assurance that this work is real! That the gospel of Jesus Christ is the way that has been prepared for each of us to live and allow us to return home with God once again. I'm ever so grateful to be an instrument in the Lord's hands to do such a great work. This is the way in which EACH of us can find joy, happiness and peace in this life and in the life to come. May you apply it in your own lives and be willing to share it with those around you who are searching for direction, identity and purpose in life! There is no greater work or duty to fulfill :)

LOVE Y'ALL!!!!!
Your Missionary,
-Elder Parr

p.s. By the way, we had biscuits 'n gravy last night from a family from North Carolina! MMMMM :)` 
Best biscuits I think I've EVER had! I sure do miss that from home! 
That's the first meal when I get home mom ;) Haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment