Monday, February 6, 2012

Howdy!

So the weather this past week has been AMAZING! High in the 50's with the low's in the 30's which here feels like spring, but I'm sad to say we woke up this morning with snowflakes falling! They are a bit different here though... They are actually real and not those paper ones we would always make back there in Texas! Haha! :)



Monday evening we had a wonderful baptismal service! A young woman we have been teaching decided she wanted to be baptized! It was a GREAT service and made me reflect back on my own baptism and what it meant for me. Baptism means much more to me than just being dunked under some water and everyone being happy for me! I still remember my baptism when I was 8 and what surprises me is that I don't remember much from when I was 8, besides liking Pokemon, playing outside and my baptism! Haha Baptism for me is an outward expression of an inward commitment! When we're baptized we promise to take upon ourselves the name of Christ, to follow His commandments and to always remember Him. What better promise could we make than the one at baptism?! I just get SOO excited when individuals are willing to listen to the spirit and decide to make this wonderful covenant / promise with God! It makes me keep going each and every day! Another young man who we have been meeting with for like 2 weeks is getting baptized Saturday and he is SOOO excited! It's all he can talk about! Haha

So, funny stuff, we didn't have too many appointments yesterday which means we had the opportunity to go knock on doors about 4 PM! Haha You can imagine what time that was, THE SUPER BOWL! It's pretty messed up how focused the world gets when the super bowl is on! People wouldn't even let us in to watch the game! Haha They would be like, "Right now isn't a good time we're watching the Super Bowl." "Well, what's the score?" "I've got to go" "Well, can we come in too?" SLAM! hahahaha Honestly, I was just laughing the entire time we walked down streets because EVERY person would say the exact same thing! 

Sounds like things are going well home and I'm sooo excited for y'all! If there is one thing I can tell y'all this week it's to live up to your potential and never let a moment go by without following the promptings of the spirit! 

LOVE Y'ALL!
-Elder Parr

No comments:

Post a Comment