Monday, November 21, 2011

So as you've probably already heard, we received transfer calls this week! I'm blessed to have the opportunity to stay here in Polson for another 6 weeks, at least! Sadly, Elder White is leaving me to go to Miles City! Complete opposite side of the mission and a lot different terrain! I've been blessed to stay on the west side of the state with all the water and mountains and pretty green stuff :) haha East side of Montana, we've joked, should be a different state because it's flat, dry and nothing there! I know he will do many great things though and I hope I've trained him well enough to take on any responsibility or challenge! With Elder White leaving that means I get a new companion. This one is another special one because I will be training AGAIN! This will be the third time I will be training. Elder White said it's because President Gardner is giving me one last chance to do it right ;) hahaha! I'm excited for another opportunity to work with a new Elder and to learn together :) Yipeee! Of course I don't know who he will be until Thursday sometime!
 
This week of course was another GREAT one! We did SOOO much and accomplished a ton!
  
We made our way to Plains, Montana which is about an hour from Polson for a baptism we were asked to help in. It was for the gentleman who I interviewed last week to be baptized! It was one of the most humbling experiences ever. Many friends and family gathered together to join and support him. The baptism was wonderful but what humbled me even more was he asked me to confirm him. Out of all the people he knew, he asked me to do it. Why? I have no idea but it was an honor to do so for him :) He has touched my life and opened my eyes to the Savior's mercy and love he has for each of his children :)
 
We've been working with a family as well down in Pablo which is on the reservation. There have been 15 people living in this trailer. Yesterday evening we had a wedding for 2 of them! They were married yesterday in the church and have plans to move into another trailer with their 2 children. It was great to see people begin to live the gospel and except it into their lives and live according to God's commandments!
 
I think the biggest thing I've learned or saw this week was with a 12 year old, actually! We went to a members home who had a friend over. She is 12 years old and is probably the most mature 12 year old I've ever met! (sorry Preston ;) haha) Well, she began to open up and tell us how her life has been such a difficult and tough one. As I listened I wish she had NEVER gone through all of the things she told us about but at the same time I realized that EACH of us learn and grow differently. No person has the EXACT same life and do the EXACT same things. That's the beauty of life. What hit the heart most was when she talked about her younger sister who is 9 at the moment. She described how her sister is the only one that has kept her going and she would do ANYTHING to protect or help her. She expressed how her sister was the glue to her life. I was able to relate perfectly being the oldest child, as well. I hope that Mattie, Ethan, Allie, Preston and Carson know how much they matter to me. I, too, would do ANYTHING for y'all! Y'all are the BEST and bring me so much happiness and joy :) I LOVE Y'ALL! I'm so thankful for my family and all the support and encouragement y'all give me! It's truly awesome!
 
This time of season of course is filled with food, family, friends, gratitude and much much more, but I want y'all to remember this one quote that I love! :)
 
"It's good to count your blessings, but it's better to make your blessings count!"
 
We've been blessed with so very much in our lives! As we count our blessings this holiday season, let's make sure we find ways to appreciate what we have and find ways to share them with others! I'm grateful for the love God has for each of us and for His Son Jesus Christ who came and provided a means by which we can repent and improve our lives! Thank y'all for all the support y'all give :)
 
Love,
Elder Parr
 
 
This picture is me with some ice cream. I had sugar last night for the first time to celebrate with Elder White and his new experience ahead of him! mmmmm That ice cream was good! haha Please don't send sugar though, I'm still away from all candy and desserts except for thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment