Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Freezing cold, Broken chain, Butchering a goat and Listening to the Spirit. The work is AWESOME!

Monday, November 22, 2010

Montana is FREEZING!!! It's colder than I've EVER been here! Thursday it started snowing here and hasn't stopped since! We have about 6 inches now! Last night it was a whoppin' 12 degrees! I never knew earth could get this cold! haha

Friday night I will never forget! We were going down Golf Course Street on our bikes (of course) headed to dinner going slow so we didn't crash...well when Elder Miner went to turn down the street of the hill he TOTALLY wiped out! I was laughing soo hard but there were 2 cars behind us and I got in the street and stopped them so they wouldn't run him over! haha They turned on their brights to make sure he could see. It was funny. But he jumped up so fast and got back on his bike and we continued on! The roads are so slick with all this snow it's so much fun! When you hit the brakes you start to fish tail. Haha, it's quite the experience!

BUT Saturday we were riding up this street and and it was so cold and I was pedaling so fast I guess my chain snapped in half! I was like, ummm Elder I'm pedaling and I'm not moving! I snapped my chain! Sooo we don't not have a car...but no more bikes at this point in time either! hahaha SO now we GET to walk everywhere or try to hitch a ride! haha But we don't walk, I make Elder Miner run with me. So just picture these 2 men bundled up in jackets, scarfs, hats, gloves, like the Michelin tire man just all black running down the side of the road! hahaha! Some guy last night as we were running back home for the night was like "YOU IDIOTS!" We were laughing so hard! The weather is harsh and freezing but we're out here to take the gospel to people and we're not letting ANYTHING stop us from doing just that!

THANK YOU so much for the package and letters! The socks are PERFECT! I haven't had a problem with cold feet since! Those dress socks just weren't cutting it for me and the hoodie is AMAZING! I haven't really had a jacket like that so thank you SO much! Definitely needed and grateful for all of it! I'm going to take the can of cranberry over to the Howard family! We're going to their house for Thanksgiving almost all day! Wer'e going to have GOAT! hahaha! We're going over some time earlier this week to help butcher it and to bury it to cook it! I'm so excited! The last time I had goat was with my soulja boy, Bernard from Africa, at his house with fufu! Awesome! It will be a little different this time though. haha But the Howards are awesome! Such a missionary oriented family! They have 3 daughters, 13, 14 and 16. They are CRAZY! haha They are very movie lined as well and when they found out my last name was Parr they were like "You're Mr. Incredible!" and I was like, "Woman! Get me my super suit!" But Thanksgiving is taken care of and I will be fed great!

The work here is amazing! It's just hard to get with people this time of year as family comes in town and people leave for the holidays! But we have set up 4 baptismal dates and just waiting for them to decide to go through with it! They are SO close! Also this week, we had 6 investigators come to church!

We had an appointment for the next Friday night when the weather wasn't bad and for some reason felt we needed to go see them the next day. So Saturday morning there was like 4 inches of snow and still snowing and was freezing but we still decided to go see them! They live about 2 miles away and we rode all the way there! I made a video you will get soon about it! haha First ride in the snow. We got there and found out he got laid off and was having a hard time. His wife and son are members. So we taught him and invited him and his whole family to church and he was like pshhh, "No, I'll never get my son to come with us!" So I was like "What if I asked him?!" And he said, "Pssh, he'll just say no!". So I was like, "J- COME OUT HERE!" He came out of his room and was like "Yeah?". I asked him if he would come to church with his family tomorrow and he was like, "Yeah. Sure. I don't have anything to do anyways." His dad freaked out and was like, "WOW! Did you really just say yes? You never want to go." hahaha It was so funny how easy it was. So they came to church and he had shaved off his HUGE beard and after sacrament said "You will be seeing me here more often!"

My testimony has grown so much about listening to the spirit! We could have not gone to visit him that morning because he is a truck driver and didn't even think he would be home. BUT listening to that prompting to go see him has made a HUGE impact in his life already! The spirit is real! If we listen to the promptings we have and act on them only good things will happen!!
The work is AWESOME here, though! I LOVE hearing from y'all! Thank you for all the support and love you give me!

Miss and love you all!


Elder Parr

1 comment:

  1. What an experience. What a warrior. Keep shining. It only gets better.

    ReplyDelete